Yes, and here we are...Mexico. After way too many years (Covid be damned) we are back and loving it!
We left Why AZ (Sonoran Skies Campground - thanks Joyce!) at about 9 AM and it was an easy, straight shot to the Lukeville/Sonoyta crossing. There we had a brief inspection (where the young border agent picked up Doug's ukelele and strummed a few bars), got our FMM tourist Visa (about $647 Peso each-payable by VISA) and then we headed down to San Emeterio (about 20 kms away) for our TIP (about $1300 Pesos). It comes as a 10 Year permit for us as a motorhome. Other than the co-pilot (me) telling Doug to go in the wrong lane (and the nice border/customs agent telling us to burn a u-turn and he would see us on the other side) things were smooth as could be. Okay, to be fair, he thought it was pretty funny - not sure Doug did but we all managed a smile and got in the correct lane. Sorry, I will blame it on my contact lenses not focusing right...ha ha!
Welcome to Mexico!
We loved this border crossing. So quiet and so easy. There was never anyone in a line-up in front of us so it really sped things up. Everyone was lovely and VERY understanding of our broken (smattered really) Spanish.
We arrived in Puerto Penasco about 2 PM. It isn't very far but we had to do some back-tracking due to the fact that we wanted to get our TIP out of the way so we double-back down the highway to get that paperwork done. If a person was only coming to Puerto Penasco, it is in the "hassle-free" zone and you don't need any type of vehicle permit but because we are heading much further south, we need one anyway. All good.
I must say that for some reason I thought this was a small, quaint little fishing village, scattered with a few RV parks. I'm not even sure why I got this impression. Blame it on the wine I guess. Wow, was I ever wrong! It is a very large city, scattered with a few RV parks. Very thriving and very busy.
We are currently at Playa Bonita RV park. A rather "resort-ish" style RV park, RIGHT on the beach (although I must admit we are in the cheap seats a few rows back-hey, we drive a VW Westie, what do you expect?). Lovely bathrooms, laundry and parrots that are in a large cage and squawking happily. Seems a good spot for a few days....
Eurii, nestled amongst the giants.
Still he stands tall with pride!
(Nice bathroom, laundry bldg behind us)
Beach, not fifty steps away.
Yes, foot shots are back everyone!!
One minute of beachcombing netted me these gems.
I think I am in trouble since we have three months left.
Where is that cargo trailer anyway?
Restaurant three minute walk away
Follow the walkway home...
So, that's it friends. We will hang here for two days (maybe three?) and then continue further south if things have settled down, which I think and hope they will have.
We so appreciate anyone and everyone who checks out the blog. It means a lot if you comment and let us know what you think. We miss our family (Yes, especially August, Jasper, Rudy and Holden) and the big kids too and all our friends, both near, far and yet to meet.
Peace out friends!
Thought for the Day: "You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step"...Martin Luther King.
cant wait to see you. all is fine here.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are back on the road in Mexico. I always enjoyed your travels in the past in Mexico.
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear you are on your way. Nice to be traveling along with you.
ReplyDelete