Well, January certainly blasted by us, didn't it? I hear that this is what happens as you get "older". We'll just leave that thought right there.
Not much happening here. Lots of walks, here and there. Soccer watching with both big guys playing. Life as it is in the winter I guess.
Just a random collection of pictures:
Someone celebrated a birthday in January
Crescent Beach at near sunset
Brunch with Grandma Nadyne
Sparkling smile as always.
90 years young.
Holden "practicing guitar" with Popop
(as he calls Doug)
This past week we took a drive up to Golden Ears Provincial Park (Maple Ridge) for a picnic. It's only 40 minutes from White Rock. We have camped here in the past many times. The campground part of the park is partly closed but there are still a surprising number of sites open. There were only 3 sets of campers but they looked quite well-prepared. There is no electrical (as in all provincial parks) and they have the water shut down for winter. There are pit toilets. If you come camping you need to ensure that you have your own water and maybe TP. It would be very peaceful indeed....
but it goes steeply downhill at the end of this trail
Alouette Lake
So, just as promised, I am trying to keep posting bits and pieces. I hope everyone is well and getting through the winter, whereever you are.
Peace out friends!
Thought for the Day: Be the reason someone smiles today. Or the reason they drink....Whatever works.













I would love to have that piece of wood in our yard.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see the grands are slowly growing, so we are slowly aging.
ReplyDeleteI agree about that Tree Root.
Be Safe and Enjoy every minute.
It's about time.
Great pics! Life looks good! The picture on the path to the lake is awesome!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos
ReplyDelete