Again, cute little Alaska town. A little weird when you are one of five cruise ships to descend at one time. We spoke with a small shop owner who told us that there are actually about 600 residents. Of those 600 people, about 400 of them leave after the cruise ship industry closes for the season. That leaves 200 of them in the town. This young fellow told us he walks dogs (....which I thought was funny. I mean, who in this town doesn't have time to walk their own dog???), makes guitars and cuts medical marijuana. Very interesting fellow.
Enjoy the "regular pictures". We had some fun, walking back and forth between the ship and the town. Doug and I will someday bring a motorhome up here. While sitting at the pub (I know, it's all we do) quite a few drove past us on their way into and out of town.
And we are off......
I actually contemplated asking if this moose head was for sale.
Can you imagine Doug's face when I brought this back to the ship????
Those little apples better hurry up. There isn't
much of a growing season here!!
Pub lunch with the girls.....
Just a little 'ship"
Me and my "big sister", Julie. Yes, it looks like my eyes are closed
but it was so crazy sunny. (They aren't actually if you look close!!)
Red Onion visit....crazy place.
Okay, seriously????
One last stop at the famous Red Onion Brothel and Saloon
Julie and Martin.
Again, look at our clothing choices. Shorts and tank
tops in Alaska in September?!
Okay, there will be one more installment in this epic adventure. Stay tuned.
Peace out.....
Thought for the Day: Great things never came from comfort zones.
















Another great cruise for a very special Family.
ReplyDeleteI also remember that Mile Marker O in 2014. Lots of Fun.
Be Safe and Hope to hear more from you soon. Enjoy!
It's about time.