Sunday, 18 June 2017

Happy Dad's Day!!

Father's Day.....how to honour such greatness? Do I rave about my Dad, my father-in-law, my husband, my son, my son-in-law? All of them wore and wear the "Dad" badge proudly.

Let's start with our Dad's. They were the "John Wayne" of Dads. An older generation with a different philosophy. Never short on opinions (....or love). Never shy to give us a smack if we needed it, or advice. Of course, Doug must have needed way more than I.  They taught us many life lessons but none so important as honesty, hard work and love. It's mostly the love that I remember.  Good grief I miss them both. Mostly I miss the fact that they didn't get to see what great people our kids turned out to be. Also mostly that they didn't get to meet their great grandsons, Gus, Jasper & Rudy. How they would have loved those little boys and how proud they would have been watching their own grandkids become parents.

Twenty three years, way too long. Miss them both still.....always will.

Leslie Tamas 
 
Arnold Beglaw
  
Now, on to the Dad of my kids......I think you all know him as Doug. 
 
He is an amazing guy. He has spent his life doing just what's right for his family. He was there the moment Teagan and Josh were born. He has laughed with them, cried with them, taught them to drive, play guitar, go-kart race. Done late night school projects, picked them up, sang with them, taught them to make the secret "Beglaw pancakes", scolded them (hardly...well, maybe a bit) and done everything one can ask of a great dad. So many lessons have been taught but mostly about loving, unconditionally. I am so proud to see him as a grandpa. He loves those little boys. He has orchestrated our crazy travelling life. I would never have done it on my own. He is a dreamer and never ceases to amaze me about all the plans and ideas in his head. I wish I had half of his dreams. 
 
I love him so much.....
 
 

And then there are the Dads of our beautiful grandsons. Josh & Shawn. If I could tell them anything it would be that I am proud of them both. Maybe even a bit jealous of the path they are just starting to go down. Don't rush it by. It moves along with such epic speed that you will one day look back and wonder what happened. "How is it possible that they are this old"? Trust me, it happens.
 
As our son, we have watched Josh embrace the role of fatherhood. He revels in it, cherishes it, adores it and those little boys adore him. So gratifying.....so much work ahead but so worth every moment. Yes, even the tough ones. They are what will make you a great dad, like yours.
 

 
 
Our son-in-law, Shawn. I wished we could have know you sooner. Known you when you were younger. I watch you now with Rudy and I know you adore that little boy. It is evident from the moment you walk in the door. Your whole world has been turned upside down by this little boy, this new little version of you. So much joy awaits you. It's so hard to explain.......so much love.
 
 
  
There will always be love.......thanks to all the special men in my life.
 
Peace.....                                        

1 comment:

  1. Happy Fathers Day to all the Family.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete