Friday, 22 January 2016

Happy Birthday (Day 14) - Part One

A most important birthday...........Happy Birthday to Doug!!!

Today, he is a youthful "39" (a.k.a. 63, which turned upside down is 39!! Funny how that works, huh?). He is my life partner, my travelling partner, my best friend. He is the R&D guy (research & development) here on the road and at home. I might navigate somewhat but he is the one who gets us from point "A" to "B".

I love you buddy....thanks for bringing me along all these years!!!!

A very special sign for my guy.....cut out in "kidnapping" format!!)

Next up, a ceremonial shot of tequila with our coffee.....

...and then breakfast at the small restaurant by the park.
 
Once we got home, Doug noticed that the owner had given him too much change so Doug hopped on his bike and went to see him. I think the owner was very surprised that Doug came back and between them they figured out what went wrong. Good karma!! 
 
Afterwards, we went for groceries with our friends to the local Soriana Supermarket. So nice of them to give us a lift. They first stopped to show us the Convention Centre with an amazing mural. All put together with small tiles. According the Guinness Book, on the outside wall is the world’s largest mural, a three-dimensional mosaic of tile work called the “Sea of Cortez.”. Absolutely spectacular but very hard to get a full size picture of it.
 
The largest mural by one artist measures 1,678.43 m² (18,066.4 ft²) and was created by Ernesto Espiridion Rios Rocha (Mexico). It was completed and measured in Mazatlan, Mexico, on 6 October 2009. The mural depicts the historical and economical development of Mazatlan, and the Mexican state of Sinaloa as well as the rich marine fauna of the Sea of Cortez. The mural is located on the north wall of the Convention and Exhibition Centre of Mazatlan.
 


Bill and Doug.....
 
See what I mean by it being hard to get a good photo of it. I think
that early morning would be best time.....
 
Anyway, groceries bought and back home again. Bill & Carol bought Doug a lovely birthday cake and I tortured him through one rendition of "Happy Birthday". They did not want cake yet so we dove right in ourselves!!
 
Wish you could all have been here to share it with us!!!
 
Feliz Cumpleanos!!!

Matches well with his outfit I think!! 


Ahhh....yummy!!!
 
Anyway, we are off for dinner tonight in town. Special for us as usually we don't go too far at night. We will meet you all at the Plazuela Machado.....there will even be some music!
 
See you later tonight or tomorrow morning for part two of the birthday celebration!!
 
Peace and happy afternoon everyone!
 
Thought for the Day: It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving…..Mother Teresa
 

8 comments:

  1. Felíz Cumpleaños Doug!

    Cheers, Peter and Shelagh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Doug...hope you have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Doug!! Cake looks fabulous. Save some for us. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Doug! Keep trying to catch up LOL.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the great birthday wishes for Doug. I will get the "Part 2" of the birthday celebrations up later today"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feliz cumpleanos Doug. That was one good looking cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I like that 63 / 39 thing. Of course, I'm a lot younger than Doug. But should I be fortunate enough to reach that lofty age, I hope I remember this little inversion trick.

    ReplyDelete