Sunday, 21 June 2015

Wow!!

What a great few days!! First of all, MANY thanks to everyone for their awesome birthday wishes to me!!

I am the luckiest person in the world to have so many people that take the time to wish me well, wish me Happy Birthday and who love me (despite my flaws - which are a'plenty!!). You guys have all stuck around with me for a long, long time so I guess I have finally grown on all of you!!!

It was a busy few days. First of all, on Thursday night, we headed back to Nanaimo for an overnight visit at Sue & Lacey's to retrieve the rest of the tools, etc out of the garage for Doug. Poor old Euri, stacked to the gills with moving essentials, again!!

We always enjoy a trip up to the Coombs Market (Goats on the Roof). The bright colours, sounds, smells. It can't be beat! We also enjoyed some very, very good, authentic Mexican tacos for lunch. The owner of the small restaurant is the chef and he is from Sayulita (north of Puerto Vallarta). Very good!! 

 
 
Artful mustard tower.....
I think I'd like the one in row 7, third from the left please!!

Jerry - Hot sauce galore here!!!!

 
 
 

Susan and I enjoy some nice sister time in the sun...

Steaming back home on Friday to White Rock...
 
Next up was my great and awesome day on Saturday. Again, thanks to everyone for making it special. LOVED our time with the kids for dinner at our place.
 
Thanks Gus, Josh, Kathy & Jasper for the balloons and the awesome hoody!
I was pretty excited for balloons - can't remember the last time I had them!!
 
Fresh, BC Sockeye salmon on the plank!
Thanks Doug & Gus!!

Oh boy - cake time!!!

Gus and Grandpa cranked up the guitar. There will
be many more of these sessions coming up!!
 
Then, of course, today is Father's Day! Doug and I were both extremely fortunate to have had amazing and strong men in our lives. Our Dad's were both tough, loving, inspirational and dedicated men. We miss them both. They have been gone from our lives for may years, but never are they gone from our hearts......
 
Arnold Christian Beglaw and Leslie Peter Tamas
 
Of course, it is my privilege to have such an amazing man be the dad to our kids. Doug, you are a joyful role-model, a loving dad and also an inspiration to our kids. I know they are blessed to have you in their lives. Thanks for always being there for everyone.
 
Last, but certainly not least, Josh. It is a true joy to watch you with your sons now. Seeing you as such a loving father makes Dad and I so very proud of you. Thanks.........
 
First, brunch with my Mom....

Jasper and Auntie Mary's head......

Dig in!!!

Not sure if there is enough food!!!

Another great dinner at the Beatty's!

The three Musketeers......Doug, Gus & Rick!

 
Pool noodle rodeo!!

So, that is quite a lot of celebrating in just a few days, huh?  Once again, we were treated to a wonderful dinner at Mel & Rick's place. Always, our thanks to you both for a great time!! You are both a great set of friends and in-laws!!
 
Phew.....I have to go back to work just to rest up for the next weekend!!!
 
Again, thanks to everyone for all the love ALL weekend long!!
 
Peace....
 
Thought for the Day:
 

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful family, you are blessed indeed! Happy belated birthday from the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday Nancy. It looks like you had a wonderful day. Hope you will be travelling again to Mexico this fall. Loved your pictures and posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do, indeed, think Mexico is in the picture once again. Jan, Feb & March.......stay tuned!!!!

      Delete