Sunday, 11 May 2014

Cape May NJ (Day 3)

First of all and most important, we want to wish two women, our Moms, who are very important in our lives, a very HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Sometimes it's hard to be far away on these kind of days, but our love is always there. We hope you both had a great day!!

 
 
Doug worked hard to also make sure I had fun on Mother's Day.
 
We rode our bikes about 7 kms (4 miles), round trip, down to the seashore again. Today, we decided to park them at one end of the boardwalk and walk the length and back again to the bikes. It is 2.25 kms (1.4 miles) one way so at least we got some exercise!
 
 

 

Apparently this guy did not have any luck fishing - steaks tonight I guess!!

Last night we discovered that there was a really nice little walking
mall area about 2 blocks off the seashore. We spent the rest of the afternoon
walking around here before Doug took me out to a nice Italian dinner....

 

 

 

 

 

I have a good friend that makes me feel special on Mother's Day.....
 
After a nice dinner, we picked up our bikes and rode a few more blocks near the walking mall and admired some of the houses....

 

Lots of these houses are used as vacation rentals too. They are all about
1-2 blocks off the beach area but super quiet neighbourhoods....

A fellow Canadian lives here!!

Believe it or not, this is actually a house, not a garage turned into a house....

 

 

 

 
That was the day. We rode back to the campground. Good thing we had that exercise because after that bottle of nice rose wine and that dinner, we needed all the help we could get!! 
 
Happy Mother's Day to all our family and friends who are Mom's out there. Hope you all got treated special today!!
 
Peace....
 
Thought for the Day: Abraham Lincoln said...."All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my Mother" I think I will dedicate this to our Moms. Thanks ladies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment