Monday, 28 April 2014

Shawboro NC (Day 2)

Batten down the hatches dear, there is a storm a comin'!! I don't care, as long as I can get my laundry done first!!

We have been watching the weather predictions and it looks to be a rainy few days coming up. In fact, the small town of Elizabeth City NC (about 13 miles away) had a tornado the other day so I guess they aren't kidding when they say it's a stormy time around "these parts".....There was one home destroyed and some property damage to others but luckily no loss of life. I imagine a few bumps and bruises along the way though.

So, with that in mind, I called the next stop for us, Sands of Time Campground in Kinnekeet/Avon NC, about 31 miles away from here. Michelle told me they are expecting rain in the next few days but should be no further problems. We will set our sights on there. They are a small beach community and we can walk to various things in town. They are located 3 miles from a place called Canadian Hole. It is a fairly popular kite surfing and windsurfing paradise. Plus the also famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is about 6 miles down the road. Hmmmm, maybe it is a good bike ride?? We will find out tomorrow!! 

Anyway, back to today. It is cool with a nice breeze whipping up and the rain is beginning to fall lightly. Laundry is the order of the day but nothing else will be happening!

Here are a few pictures to keep you amused. Guess who?

 
So this is Gus' new favourite thing. They go to Starbucks and get him a little steamed milk. He LOVES for it to be on his lip and then loves to put his fingers in it and offer a taste to strangers sitting nearby!! He cracks me up - that's our little boy alright!!

 
 
Also, I just wanted to thank everyone for reading the blog. We really appreciate all the comments and positive feedback you guys give us. It makes doing this a whole lot of fun knowing people are out there who care that we are out here. Thanks so much, from both Doug and I. I am sorry if I don't always get to respond back to all of them. I try, but sometimes if we are on the road or somewhere that we don't have wifi, it's hard to get back to them. I do try though!!
 
Anyway, hope all is well. When I was at work and people would grumble about Mondays I would always say "....but now it's only 4 more sleeps until Friday!!"
 
Peace....
 
Thought for the Day: Never sacrifice these three things. Your family, your heart, your dignity.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much - we always try and travel safe....and smart!!

      Delete
  2. I've read and enjoyed your blog for awhile now! We've been a lot of the same places. We're snowbirds too but have been home a few weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well nice to meet you MaryBe!! Glad to have you on board with us.

      Delete
  3. Holy cow, Gus is really growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It seems when we left he was a baby and when we get back he will be a little boy already!!

      Delete
  4. Love your blog! Greetings from Langley, BC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! You have been with us for a long time and always appreciate hearing from you!!

      Delete
  5. We are happy you two are out of harm's way! Such terrible news from Arkansas and Mississippi. On a happier note, that picture of your little Gus with the milk moustache is absolutely adorable! Happy laundry day and don't forget to check your emails today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emails checked and answered! Thanks for the positive vibes. Our thoughts are also out to those affected by those tornados in Arkansas and Mississippi. Such losses......

      Delete
  6. Stay safe you guys! Love that little Gus......he is a little man now!
    Love you
    Bob, Danna and Maggie May

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nancy! I say the same thing all the time....I must be getting close to retirement! :) Love traveling along with you guys on my lunch break every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it is always on your lunch time!! Thanks for coming along!!

      Delete