Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Westwego (Day 2)

Just a note from last night. We bought another one of those King Cakes. Really, they are just a glorified cinnamon bun (only drier) and the ones I buy are pretty small but we find them perfect for sharing. Now, I am not sure if it means anything but  on the one I bought, the baby had his bum up in the air - someone's idea of a practical joke. I think they are just tired of decorating these King Cakes!!

 

Nothing today!! Just hung around and Doug had to do a bit of maintenance. Our water pump in our fresh water tank seems to have gone "bye-bye". We had to take the whole back end of the van (where we sleep) apart for him to analyze it. Luckily for us, it was not raining.
 

So, this is the back area where we sleep!! All the "bit & bob's have
been removed to access the water tank!!

...and there is the water fresh tank.

I would have dialed the "1-800" help number by now!!

If this doesn't go well, I am not sure where we will be sleeping.
This compartment is a bit too small!!

 This is my attempt to take a photo (while Doug was working) of the Red Cardinal.
It seems that I can't even get my telephoto lens to get close enough - I will keep trying!!
 
So, remember those crawfish (mudbugs)?? This is their "mound". Now, I took these photos in a field at the picnic area of this park. This shows you how they live underground and this is, I guess, their air hole!! 
 
 

 
 
Doug, always patiently waiting for me to finish
my National Geographic assignment!!

Snowy Egrets. They are not the most co-operative subjects so
I was happy enough to get this shot!!

Some people REALLY get into the Mardi Gras theme. Good thing
they have a 40 foot diesel pusher to store these decorations!!


Okay, slow day for sure. Tomorrow's excitement is.......working a day for Habitat for Humanity at a home in New Orleans!!!! This is one of the "bucket list" things I wanted to do since we retired. Give a little back to a community so hard hit by a disaster. we have been assigned to a home (not sure what part of New Orleans it is in), about 18 miles away from the park. We will be out of the park for the day from about 6:30 a.m. (does this mean the alarm has to be set???) until about 4:30 p.m. They want you on the "site" at 7:45 a.m. and they finish up at 3:30 p.m. We are pretty stoked about helping out. Should be a great day. Stay tuned for that post tomorrow night!! Until then....

 
Peace.... 

Thought for the Day: If you smile lots, your wrinkles will be in the right places when you are old!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment