Sunday, 19 January 2014

Tombstone AZ to Bisbee AZ (20 Miles)

I believe my words to Doug this morning, as we left Tombstone were and I quote...."I have seen enough of Arizona, we need to get the heck out of this state and get to New Mexico and somewhere new". Yessiree, that is indeed what I said alright. So, here we are a whopping 20 miles down the road in Bisbee Arizona and what a GREAT place this is!!

We merely stopped in the town for a little look-see on our way into New Mexico. After about 1 hour, Doug was ready to buy a house here. I am not sure how I will actually get him out of this town!! 

This is an amazing little old mining town. The copper mine closed down in the mid 1970's and as one store keeper told us, once all the people left, they brought in the hippies and they never left and now we are a town again!! Such a very amazing place. Old mining houses that climb up the hills, streets that aren't really streets at all but a succession of stairs that lead to different houses. One of the things it is known for is that there are over 1,000 stairs (Kevin & Ruth, we found your mecca here!!). The people are awesome, eclectic, young, old, artsy, bikers, vacationers. A mix of every type you can imagine. Anyway, I will try and keep this post to the select pictures of the over 200 that I took today. I will keep them in a smaller format, just for today. Don't want to blow up Blogger!! Here goes.....

First few are just leaving the Stampede RV park in Tombstone and the great little restaurant they have there for breakfast. Thanks again everyone there!



 
The long road out of Tombstone to Bisbee, pretty country!

First glimpse of Bisbee.....
(that is a "B" up on the hill)
 




Just the first of many!!


 
Tiny house....
 
...or no house (at least no walls) at all!!


Downtown areas...
 








love this mural....
 


 
 

Bottle caps all over this door and window area...



Impromptu jam session on the street...



 
 

I will show you the campsite and a "peek" into what the town (housing wise) looks like and then I will do the mine and surrounding homes tomorrow, okay? Well, even if you don't agree, it's my blog and that is just how we will do it!! (ha ha ha)
 
 A little glimpse of the homes surrounding the downtown area....
 



The view out our back door!!
 
So, from our hearts to yours. Have a great evening everyone!!
Many, many more pictures tomorrow!! Best rest up!!
 
Remember, if you click on the picture, it will make it bigger, then just go to the "X" in the top right corner of the bigger picture and it will take you back to the blog...
 
In honour of tomorrow being Martin Luther King Jr. Day here in the United States, I thought this would be an appropriate way to end tonight...
 
I have a dream.....
 
Peace...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks lije I would like Bisbee, looking forward to more pix and stories. Thatnks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete