Monday, 8 July 2013

Mini cruise day (Sunday)

Our friends, Bob & Danna came over to enjoy the afternoon with us and have dinner today. After a few appi's on the deck, we headed down to the Lonsdale Quay (are you getting tired of hearing about that place yet?) Hope not because it is a really nice walk down the hill from Mom's place....

Doug, me, Danna & Bob
(remember them from Mexico?)

Me and my little buddy....
 
 
While we were standing there watching the SeaBus come and go, we all decided that a quick trip across Burrard Inlet was in order. None of us had been on it for quite a long time. It cost 2.75 each for the trip over. If you come back within the time stamped on the ticket, you can come back on the same ticket (we think.....) 
 
So, this is what our "mini-cruise ship looks like!!
 
See the Lonsdale Quay in red trim?
 
...and this is what the North Shore looks like as we leave it behind and head to
Vancouver and Canada Place across Burrard Inlet. There is the other SeaBus...
 
 Doug wanted to make sure I got his feet in this picture!!

 Halfway across a big cruise ship left from one side of Canada Place. For those who don't know, Canada Place is the main cruise ship terminal in Vancouver.....

 It's even been designed to look like a ship with sails up.
This is the cruise ship dock on the east side of the building



 I know, I tried out for the role but never got it.
Can you believe it??? Nor can I!!!

 Then this ship left from the other side!!
Too bad we were so lame that when my Mom's ship left last Wednesday,
we didn't get back down there to see it!!! Duh....



 Ship gets buzzed by a helicopter. Imagine, it's only been on the move for
3 minutes and already it has annoyed someone!! (Not really!!)

 That is one of the SeaBuses on the right.
Pretty tiny compared to the big boy, huh?

 Love this country of ours....

 This is for Kevin & Ruth.....

 This is for us.....

and this is for ALL of us!!!!
Alright people, just get out there and do it, okay??
 
 
Really love going over to Canada Place. Each time I go there I am filled with a corny sense of pride in being a Canadian. Not sure why, but I just do and I just am!!! There are always so many people from other countries walking around this area, marvelling in what they see. Sometimes we just have to see it through their eyes to really appreciate all we have.
 
It's a great country..... 

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

Cheers friends!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun was had by all - and GREAT weather too. Hey, Nancy, what causes the funny blips in your entries? I've noticed the same in other blogs too. Now that I look back over today's, it seems to be only in the introduction to your blog today that I get on my dashboard. Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our friends, Bob & Danna came over to enjoy the afternoon with us and have dinner today. After a few appi's on the deck, we headed down to the Lonsdale Quay (are you getting tired of hearing about that place yet?) Hope not because it is a really nice walk down the hill from Mom's place.... Doug, me, Danna & Bob (remember them from Mexico?) Me and my little buddy.... While we were standing there watching the SeaBus come and go, we all decided that a quick trip across Burrard Inlet was in order. None of us had been on it for quite a long time. It cost 2.75 each for the trip over. I... more »

    Do you see them above?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is crazy - they were there when I pasted but disappeared when I published my comment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what you were talking about MP but I hope it has resolved itself!!

      Delete