Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Food Trucks...again!!

What a gorgeous day!! Another day spent sea bussing and walking around this fine city, only made better because we are fortunate enough to be able to bring my Mom along! She is a young "nearly 80" and keeps up with us just great.

 Another big ship waiting for loading right in the harbour.
The sea bus goes around it.  

Card-carrying sea bus passengers!!
(Well, I can't speak for the lady beside us...)

First in the food truck gallery...

Beautiful city, right downtown Vancouver....

...and another!!

Trust me, they are everywhere!!

Always take time to take photos of the flowers!!


  
 ...and still more!!
 
And here is our choice for lunch, Vij's Railway Express (Indian Food)
Such a great chef and well known Vancouver restauranteur. 



I really wanted to get the Rice Puff and Chick Pea salad. The kindly young fellow told me it was all sold out. Oh well, I ordered something else. He called me over and told me "I saved a little bit from the last order so you could try it and then I know you will come
back again for more!!" You bet I will and I really love that kind of service!!
Here is my tiny sample so I will come back!! They are located at 1075 West Georgia....
 
 Doug & I both had the Butter Chicken Schnitzel and Mom had the Halibut Cheeks....
LOVED the wooden cutlery and the containers are made from
recycled cardboard, not styrofoam....
 
Picnic spot....

...and here is our view!!
 
 
After we finished eating, we wandered all over (sorry Mom). We dragged her up to the art gallery and circled around again back down to the cruise ship terminal. 

 Up on Robson Street, just behind the Art Gallery....

 Back of the art gallery and the back of the Hotel Vancouver (the green roof)

 Mom and the Canadian Trail banner at Canada Place
and the cruise ship terminal...

 One of the Holland America ships ready to go out to Alaska...

 

 A container ship comes in to port...

I NEVER get tired of seeing our beautiful flag.....

 Yup, in all her glory....

One of many sea planes that took off while we were there.... 

That's North Vancouver that you see in the background....

I really want to go to this "Fly Over Canada" show. It is only 30 minutes long but, apparently, the scenery is breathtaking and it is on at the IMAX theatre at Canada Place....  

 And there goes the Holland America ship, bound for Alaska....
 
 
Wow, we had a great time. We are all back at Mom's enjoying a nice cool drink. Doug and I are heading out to pick up some nice fresh buns for dinner and then we will call it a day.
 
You know me, sometimes I see a picture that I really want to take but I always want to be respectful of the person in the shot. This picture, I purposefully did not take the face of the gentleman sitting down but his words on his sign stayed with me all day....
 
 
Sometimes inspiration in our lives comes from the strangest of places.....
 
Have a wonderful evening with those you love.....
 
Cheers friends!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment