Saturday, 9 February 2013

VdJ (Day 4): Tianguis!

Market day, also known as a tianguis!!

I am not sure what I expected, but I did not expect it to be this big. We enjoyed walking around and seeing all the vendors. Even bought a few things. We were amazed by the veggie man. He talks a bit like an auctioneer so it's fun to listen to him. We didn't buy many veggies from him but we did get a few. Here, have a look at our day:

 
 

 


 
 
 
 
 
Veggie man at work...
 
Wow, this dress was for a little girl, maybe 5 or 6 years old!!
 
 
Doug was trying to show this little guy how to make a slinky work!
 
 
Seems we are pretty good at just wating away the day. Stayed at the campground and had lunch and tried my hand at preparing jicama. I don't think it turned out that good, but I will try again. The skin peels off in a papery layer. Then you can julienne them and add lime juice & salt. Some people add other spices. It was a bit like eating a raw potato. Hopefully I can find another way to prepare it but I want to learn about the veggies and fruits here.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Some visitng in the afternoon.
 
 
...then some Mexican Train Dominoes.....
 
 
Sorry, but that was it for the day. Guess they can't all be exciting, can they?
 
See you tomorrow!!
 
Cheers friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment