Monday, 18 February 2013

VdJ (Day 13): Research!

So, now I am happy because I am up-to-date on my postings. I am a bit habitual about that, aren't I? It would be super great if I had anything to tell you but, we did nothing today! Unless you count 3 loads of laundry and chocolate rice krispie squares!!

I hope you all got a chance to read the post about yesterday's outing to the mezcal distillery. I perhaps didn't explain very well that a maguey plant (mezcal) is almost the same as a blue agave plant (tequila). It's just that it is grown out of the tequila region. Sorry, I should have put that down too! The flavour is very similar and you can see that they look very similar but different!!


Here is a maguey plant. Spiky, thicker leaves
 
 
Here is an agave plant (tequila). More slender leaves.
 
Anyway, hope you all got a chance to look at it because the process and the family are amazing!! 
 
Off to make dinner and have tea. Hope everyone had a great day!!
 
Again, a very Happy Birthday to our niece, Lacey, who turned 30 years old today!!
 
Cheers friends!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having fun. My whole family just got back from a week in Los Cabos. Wish I could have stayed longer. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    Brian :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian - Thanks so much for following along with us - I thought I heard a backseat driver!! Hi to all your family. Glad you liked your trip. This is an amazing country for sure!!

    ReplyDelete