Monday, 19 November 2012

Cooking on the Road

Okay, I know, shocking that I would post AGAIN, right after last nights' post but I just had to share something that I bought that I am SUPER stoked about!! It's the RoadPro 12 Volt, 1.5 Qt slow cooker. Perfect size for 2 people travelling..... 


Here's how I found out about this. We follow a blog called DriveNachoDrive. Brad & Sheena are from Arizona and travel in their VW Westie (surprized? I think not....) They have gone all through Mexico, Central America and are now down in Argentina. Check out their travels (drivenachodrive.com).

Anyway...they were talking about this little piece of equipment and how nice it was driving along and smelling their stew cooking!! I ordered one and I am SO freakin' excited to give it a try. I told Doug that we only had to use it once to replace a "travel day" restaurant meal, which we hate, and it would pay for itself ($30 US including shipping to Blaine WA). Heck, you can even use it in a car. Just plug it into your 12 V cigarette lighter (gotta be a use for those afterall, right?) I will even use it if we have to go into a hotel. We always have our dishes and cutlery with us afterall!! What always happens on our travel days is that by the time we check into a campground, usually after a 6 to 8 hour commute, we rush around to get set-up and the day is nearly done. We really like to head out for a walk to check things out but often can't go far as darkness is approaching and we don't want to get stuck cooking in the dark. Problem solved. I will let you know how it works out.  

As you can see, it even has a tie-down for the lid and the crock part lifts out for easy cleaning. We ordered it on Amazon.....


(In fact, I am so exicted about it, I am tempted to make something and drive around Nanaimo for 8 hours so I can see how GREAT it will be!! - ha ha ha). Just imagine, all those long travelling days we will have when we head back to Valle de Juarez in Mexico in January. I will have dinner on the go everyday!!!! 

Have a great day everyone!!
Cheers!!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know! You have to love something that can pay for itself in just one sitting. We really don't like restaurants, espcially when we are travelling!

      Delete
  2. I don't have a portable crockpot like that, but I DO have homemade turkey noodle soup cooking in my crockpot at the moment. Nice find! I'll have to keep that in mind when we get on the road again. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, turkey noodle soup sounds like a good thing to try in the RoadPro! We will report back as to it's success! Thanks for the note!!

      Delete