Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Life at Home on Wednesday (Part 2)

Today was the first day of summer AND my birthday and I thank everyone for their great wishes via text, emails and phone calls. I have the GREATEST family and friends!! Of course, my best friend and husband always makes my day the best!!

First, we headed out to check out a local RV park, Living Forest Oceanside Campground. It is right in Nanaimo on the south side. Pretty amazing. Once you drive in, you would never know you are in the city. It is located on the shoreline but also has nice, forested sites and nice trails.





 Check it out at www.Livingforest.com

We were lucky to have sunshine today for the first day of summer, so next thing was we headed off to the Dinghy Dock Pub (www.DinghyDockPub.com). This pub is located on Protection Island in the Nanaimo harbour. Super cool because you can only get there via a little ferry. It does cost $9 each for the return trip but it is worth the ride. The food and drinks were awesome and so was my lunch partner!!

Part of our lunch commute...


...our fancy ride there!!






My favourite lunch partner!!!

...and that's all that is left!!!

Those are my updates from "the rock". We will see what the rest of the week and the weekend brings!

Hope you are all still out there!!

Cheers and thanks again for all the birthday wishes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment